2023 Popcorn Sale
Welcome to Popcorn 2023! This is your one stop page for all things Popcorn related!
We will link the 2023 guide once it is available - but this guide is still a great place for your popcorn Kernel to start. Click on the different boxes below for forms and helpful items for the 2023 Popcorn Sale!
SAME AS PREVIOUS YEARS, THE COUNCIL CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT RETURNS OF UNSOLD POPCORN. WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP YOU TRANSFER IT TO OTHER UNITS BUT PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN ORDERING ADDITIONAL PRODUCT TO SELL OR WITH YOUR INITIAL ORDERS.
We know - that sounds not very supportive doesn't it? But the truth is that it really is simply to transfer popcorn to other units, pick more slots for sales, have a blitz day with your families, etc. Just please keep us informed so we can help you! We would prefer knowing upfront so we have multiple options to help each unit.
We have the ability to fill "take orders" from your pocorn and will do so as much as possible to also help your units with any left over show and sell. In 2022, most additional popcorn ordered was chocolate, so there was not a significant amount we could shift around.
Credit Card Readers
Credit Card Readers can be a great way to increase your sales. Storefront sales are where these are typically the most handy when customers may not have cash. Let us know if you need help setting up this opportunity for your Unit, It is also great to have a sign on the table that says "Credit Cards Accepted Here".
Did you know?…
The average popcorn sale increases by over 10% when you accept credit cards.
- Credit Card Readers allow you to accept credit cards
- Use multiple readers at different locations if you like.
- App sales with a credit card go against the total due back to the Council
- Trails End has been generous and covered the credit cards fees
- Upload a template with popcorn product to your reader for easy transactions.
Inventory Control Help
Develop a plan to track the inventory your unit has in stock. Keep product in the hands of your Scouts to keep them selling throughout the sale. The goal is not running out of product yet not having product left over to return at the end.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Use the App to track everything.
- Previous year sales will be shared with you along with a place for you to upload your current sales - remember that our biggest challenge that we can handle as a team is "no surprises"
- Share your information with others in your district at the popcorn rally. Share contact information so that you can trade product later in the sale. Remember that your District Executive can help!
- Use the Calcasieu Area Council Popcorn Facebook page to chat with other kernels and trade product.
- Communicate with your Scouts regularly. Ask them report back if they have unsold product early so that you can transfer it to Scouts who have waiting customers.