Cub Shooting and Bobcat Day
Join us for a great Saturday of fun at Camp Edgewood full of Cub Scout shooting sports opportunities, a fishing derby, and a chance to earn or renew your Bobcat rank requirements to get the year started off strong.
There will be two rotations, morning and afternoon. Check in starts at 8:30 and rotations begin at 9 and 1:30. One rotation will be all shooting sports. We will have bb guns, bows and arrows, and wrist rockets (slingshots) open for fun. For the second rotation, it will be learning the Scout Oath, Law, and Sign, a fire starting station, and a fishing derby. Every youth that is new will have the opportunity to leave with their Bobcat rank badge! The badge price is included for our new Scouts.
The trading post will be open during the event for snacks and supplies, so bring your cash/credit with you to get a new t-shirt or fun supply for your Scout.
Lunch is included with the Scouts pricing ($10 per scout). It will be 2 hot dogs, chips, cookies, and a piece of fruit. Water and drink mix will be available as well. Please register your adults and siblings to purchase lunch for the cost of $5 each (2 and under are free). If you are bringing your own lunch for the adults and siblings, there is no need to register.
What is the Bobcat Rank?
Purpose: Regardless of what age or grade a Cub Scout is in, the Bobcat rank must be earned before earning any other rank, except Lion. Lion Scouts earn the Lion rank first. When they complete kindergarten, they may begin work on the Bobcat badge. The Bobcat requirements focus on the fundamentals of Cub Scouting that every Cub Scout must know.
- 1. Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- 2. Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- 3. Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- 4. Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- 5. Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- 6. Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- 7. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide. (Parents - please complete this requirement with your Cub Scout BEFORE you come to camp.)
Please note that for all activities, we will following any CoVID-19 mandated regulations from the State of Louisiana.
Cub Shooting and Bobcat Day September 25, 2021