Camp Edgewood is a 283-acre camp located in southern Beauregard Parish of Louisiana. The camp is positioned between the towns of DeQuincy and Ragley and is only 30 minutes from downtown Lake Charles. The camp features 14 campsites, multiple program areas, a shooting sports area with archery, rifle, and shotgun range with automatic low and high houses. The Dining Hall seats 250 people and features a state of art commercial kitchen. Camp Edgewood features a 15 acre lake, stocked with catfish, bream and bass that offers swimming and multiple fishing docks.
Council programs are held throughout the year on weekends and school breaks. Scout camping for Cub Scout Packs, Scout Troops and Venture Crews is available on most weekends.
Summer Camp 2022 is already in being planned!
Join us for a fantastic resident camp experience next summer or winter camp right before Thanksgiving. We have programs for both Scouts BSA and Webelos. Use the links below to register today. Questions about Summer Camp or Winter Camp? Contact Laura Lovell at Laura.Lovell@scouting.org or 530-770-1152.
The Calcasieu Area Council will process refunds for fees paid for activities and training under the following
The Calcasieu Area Council will process refunds for fees paid for ACTIVITIES & TRAININGS under the following conditions:
- Requests must be made in writing to the Council Service Center via mail, fax, or email.
- All emails must be sent to Shawn Chamblee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The date refund requests are made is the date utilized to determine refund eligibility.
- All refunds will be processed on the 15th or 30th following approval.
- Requests for refund made:
- 14-30 days before event = 100% Refund
- 7-13 days before event = 50% Refund
- 6 days or less before event = No Refund
- Refunds for fees of $10 or less will not be issued.
- Refunds are not given for no shows and for bad weather that does not warrant event cancellation.
- For Council High Adventure Contingents, National Jamborees, and other similar events, refunds will be given if a paid participant has replaced the Scout that has cancelled. The refund will be less any costs incurred by these changes (airfare, activity fees, transportation).
- Refunds for Order of the Arrow events are subject to all of the above and will be issued only with the approval of the Lodge Staff Advisor.
- Camp Edgewood refunds are subject to all of the above and must be approved by the Camp Director or the Scout Executive.
Camp Edgewood is open to all! We welcome church groups, schools, private parties, and weddings to enjoy the fantastic SWLA outdoors. To schedule your Camp Edgewood visit, please contact Shawn Chamblee at email@example.com or 337-436-3376.
|Camp Edgewood Building Map||Camp Map||Download|
|Camp Edgewood Campsite Map||Download|
|Camp usage application & policies.pdf||Download|
|Health Screening Form||All participants must be screened (adult and youth) within 72 hours of arrival at camp. Record their temperature, and any signs of nasal congestion, sore throat, or cough. Pre-fill this form and bring it with you to camp.||Download|
|New BSA Health Forms ABC.pdf||Download|
|Prescription Form||Fill out this form if you are brining any prescriptions with you to camp.||Download|
|Scout Release Form||Scouts desiring to leave camp prior to the troop’s departure or not as part of the troop must have a release signed by their parents and approved by the troop leader.||Download|